August 27, 2016

Journal Day 27; Aug 27, 2016

Day 27: Something you regret.


Foreword


Four more days to go...

Thank you for reading this post, and I hope you'd read the following days' topics. :)
Enjoy reading!

Something I Regret


Everyone had always encouraged me to start a blog when I first published my book. For many different reasons. I never took their advice because I believe having a Facebook account as a social platform was enough. In fact, I didn't want to start a blog just yet because of my fear of not knowing what to write. I was wrong. And I regretted not starting a blog early.

I published my very first (short) story way back in January. My family urged me even from last year to start a blog so I can build a fanbase. But the thing is: I didn't know what to write, what to share, how to even get a blog started. I felt like starting a blog and keeping it up is tedious and absorbed a lot of my time. I actually did plan to start a plan, but I never got the chance.

But now, it's already August. Eight plus a few more months. And look at me! I'm writing posts every day and writing my novel. I can use my time to keep a blog up and running. The prompts gave me ideas on what to write, and while I wrote, I got more ideas on what to write after this journal is done. I even researched on how to decorate a blog and everything.

It was easy. If I'd only started my blog earlier. I would've had some people following me and my stories, which in turn, helps me in building a fanbase, which in turn, helps my status as a (future) author. My constant delays and "should I actually do it?"s kept me from starting until now. Well, no point sulking now. The worst thing that would happen is a good and steady fanbase that takes longer to build than it should've.

----

How about you? What is something you regret? Let me know in the comments below!

Want to read more? Check out the topic list, here!

Looking for the next day?
Looking for the previous day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share? Please do leave your thoughts. I would love to know your opinions. :)

Remember to check back here! I will try my best to reply to all of your comments. ^_^